We all have issues. You don’t go through life without bumps, scrapes, and falls. And whether we admit it or not, we all could use a little bit of professional counseling help that only a psychotherapist can render. Dr. Beth Firestein, owner of Inner Health Psychotherapy and Consultation Services, offers individual counseling in the Loveland, CO, area. Below are some of the many benefits of counseling for everyday people.
COUNSELING FOR EVERYDAY PEOPLE
- Get all your feelings out. Sure, you can talk to your friends. But how much can you actually get out before you’re interrupted? Individual counseling with a psychotherapist allows you to talk non-stop for as long as you like with a compassionate, listening ear who won’t interrupt you with his or her problems of the day. You can let out pent up emotions that have been building (and if these problems have been building over years then probably affecting your mental and physical health and well being more than you think).
- Confront your issues. In today’s busy world, how many of us take the time to really evaluate ourselves and our actions? You need to take the time to sit down and process feelings of guilt, remorse, grief or sadness. A psychologist can help you with tools to get through these complicated emotions as well.
- Gain clarity. When was the last time you sat down and asked yourself, “What do I want to do with my life? Where do I want to be in five years? Where do I want to be in a week?” Simply having an appointment with an individual counselor will force you to examine your goals and your purpose in this world.
- Gain a different perspective. As human beings, we are programmed to see things from our perspective only. When we sit down with a professional counselor, we are able to verbalize thoughts, emotions, and events and with maybe a few prompts see what we thought was a big deal turn into no deal at all. A diary or a journal can serve the same purpose.
- Prevent depression, anxiety, and feeling alone. When we get overwhelmed with life and problems, it’s easy to feel alone and get depressed. Having someone to talk to — a support person — who is 100 percent for you in this world can make the difference in your life. It will prevent minor issues from becoming major issues, and you will be moving forward with your life instead of stuck in the past.
Therapy is not just for people with problems. Therapy is for everyday people who can easily get bogged down in the world we live in. There is no “normal” person, so striving to be normal will only yield disappointment and stagnation in your life. Instead, you should strive to be you. Accept you as you are, and every day strive to be a better version than you were before.
Dr. Beth Firestein of Inner Health Psychotherapy and Consultation Services in Loveland, CO, specializes in helping individuals assess their problems and determine solutions. She offers individual counseling for depression, anxiety and panic disorders, life transitions, healing from trauma, and coping with grief and loss. She also specializes in counseling seniors as well as LGBT support and counseling services. If you are an everyday person looking for someone to talk to, contact Dr. Beth Firestein today!